Summer is the perfect time for children to explore, learn, and have fun. Franklin, Tennessee, offers a multitude of engaging activities for kids. Whether your little ones are into history, sports, outdoor adventures, or art, there’s something for everyone.
1. Franklin Farmers Market (website) This bustling market provides children with a unique opportunity to learn about locally grown produce, taste homemade treats, and participate in fun events like cooking demonstrations and live music.
2. Bowie Nature Park (website) This 700-acre park offers hiking trails, picnic spots, a nature center, and even a playground. It’s an excellent place for kids to connect with nature and learn about local flora and fauna.
3. Pinkerton Park With ample play spaces, picnic areas, and the enchanting Tinkerbell Playground, Pinkerton Park offers a delightful retreat for families. The park also features a paved trail, perfect for biking or a leisurely stroll.
4. Timberland Park Located on the historic Natchez Trace Parkway, this park offers interactive displays, beautiful hiking trails, and picnic areas with stunning views.
5. Aspen Grove Park This park offers hiking trails, sports fields, a duck pond, and playgrounds. It’s a great place to spend a summer day playing and exploring.
6. Lotz House (website) Lotz House, a Civil War museum, offers guided tours that educate children about American history. It’s a meaningful way to spend a summer day.
7. Carter House (website) A visit to Carter House provides an enriching historical experience. Kids will learn about the Civil War and the Battle of Franklin.
8. Carnton (website) Once a field hospital during the Civil War, Carnton now serves as a museum, offering informative guided tours about a crucial era in American history.
9. McLemore House (website) A historically significant house-turned-museum, McLemore House educates children about the African American experience post-Civil War.
10. Franklin on Foot (website) These guided walking tours cover various themes like history, food, and ghost stories, giving kids a chance to learn about Franklin’s rich heritage.
11. SOAR Adventure Tower (website) This unique adventure park offers over 110 climbing elements suitable for all ages. It’s an exciting place for kids to challenge themselves physically and mentally.
12. Third Coast Clay (website) Children can unleash their creativity by painting ceramics at Third Coast Clay. It’s a great way to foster art appreciation and skills.
13. Franklin Escape Game This immersive escape room experience promotes problem-solving, teamwork, and critical thinking. It’s an exciting indoor activity, perfect for a rainy day.
14. Gentry’s Farm (website) This family-run farm offers kids the opportunity to learn about farm life, navigate a corn maze, and participate in other seasonal activities.
15. The Factory at Franklin (website) This vibrant retail and entertainment complex offers various kid-friendly attractions, including artisan shops, restaurants, and events.
16. Franklin Family YMCA (website) This community center offers summer camps, swimming lessons, sports leagues, and other children’s programs.
17. Above All Extreme Air Sports This trampoline park provides kids with an opportunity to jump, climb, and flip in a safe environment.
18. Boost FitClub Boost FitClub offers youth programs and camps focusing on physical fitness and wellness.
19. Williamson County Soccer Complex This facility provides soccer programs for all ages and skill levels.
20. Brentwood Skate Center This roller skating rink offers open skating times and lessons, providing a fun way for kids to stay active.
21. Williamson County Public Library (website) With a variety of books, digital resources, and summer reading programs, the library is a great place for children to cultivate their love of reading.
22. Discovery Center (website) This interactive museum offers a variety of exhibits and programs that make learning about science and nature fun.
23. Adventure Science Center (website) This center makes science exciting with hands-on exhibits, planetarium shows, and special events.
24. Franklin Art Scene (website) Taking place on the first Friday of every month, this art crawl introduces children to local art and culture.
25. Nashville Zoo (website) Just a short drive from Franklin, the zoo provides children with a fun and educational experience of diverse wildlife.
These are just a handful of the fun, engaging, and educational activities Franklin, Tennessee, has to offer. This charming city is filled with history, culture, and countless opportunities for kids to learn and explore. No matter their interests, your children are sure to find something they love.
26. Painted Tree Marketplace This craft market allows children to explore hundreds of shop spaces filled with homemade crafts, unique artwork, and artisan food items.
27. Paint Your Own Pottery Studio (website) Children can paint their own pottery in this fun and creative environment, then take their creations home as keepsakes or gifts.
28. The Little Art House (website) Offering a variety of art classes for kids, the Little Art House fosters creativity and artistic expression in a fun and supportive environment.
29. Owl’s Hill Nature Sanctuary (website) This nature sanctuary offers art and nature camps where children can engage in painting, drawing, and sculpting inspired by the natural world around them.
30. Whetstone Woodworks At Whetstone Woodworks, kids can learn basic woodworking skills, creating their own wooden toys or furniture pieces.
31. The Franklin Mercantile Deli This delightful deli offers a kid-friendly menu and the opportunity to taste classic southern delicacies.
32. Sweet Cece’s A fun stop for kids to create their own dessert masterpiece, offering a variety of frozen yogurt flavors and toppings.
33. Merridee’s Breadbasket (website) Known for its home-baked breads, sweet treats, and hearty breakfasts, kids will enjoy tasting these homemade delicacies.
34. Kilwins At Kilwins, kids can watch chocolates, fudge, and ice cream being made, and enjoy the delicious end results.
35. The Cocoa Tree This chocolate shop offers a sweet experience for kids, allowing them to see a chocolatier at work and taste delectable handmade chocolates.
36. Pilgrimage Music Festival (website) This annual music festival features a lineup of artists that appeal to all ages, as well as food vendors and activities perfect for kids.
37. Franklin Theatre (website) Showcasing a variety of performances, from movies to live theater and concerts, the Franklin Theatre offers a touch of nostalgia and a great cultural experience.
38. Amber Falls Winery and Cellars (website) While primarily for adults, Amber Falls Winery hosts the Cajunfest in summer, a family-friendly event featuring Cajun music, food, and activities for kids.
39. The Grand Ole Opry (website) Just a short drive to Nashville, the Opry offers a unique musical experience with a variety of artists performing each night.
40. Arrington Vineyards (website) Arrington Vineyards hosts “Music in the Vines”, a free music event suitable for families. Pack a picnic and enjoy a summer evening with music.
41. Nashville Sounds Baseball (website) Take the kids out to a ball game. The Nashville Sounds offer plenty of fun activities and promotions during their games.
42. Franklin Rodeo (website) One of the longest-running family events in the area, the Franklin Rodeo offers thrilling rodeo action, kids’ games, and delicious food.
43. Nashville Predators Hockey (website) For hockey-loving families, attending a Nashville Predators game is a thrilling experience.
44. Tennessee Titans Football (website) Enjoy a fun-filled family day by cheering on the Tennessee Titans at a home game.
45. Nashville SC Soccer (website) Soccer fans can enjoy a Nashville SC game. The club offers a family-friendly atmosphere and exciting gameplay.
46. Gentle Barn (website) The Gentle Barn is a rescue sanctuary for animals. Kids can learn about animal care and rehabilitation, and even interact with some of the residents.
47. Lucky Ladd Farms (website) At Lucky Ladd Farms, kids can engage with a variety of farm animals, play in the playground, and explore a corn maze.
48. Walden Farm (website) Walden Farm offers a petting zoo, hayrides, and a pumpkin patch during the fall. It’s a wonderful place to learn about farming and animals.
49. Nashville Zoo (website) Just a short drive from Franklin, Nashville Zoo offers children the chance to see and learn about a wide variety of animals.
Summer in Franklin, Tennessee, is packed with opportunities for children to learn, grow, and have fun. With this list of 49 things to do, you’re sure to find activities to suit any child’s interests.